Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Star Student

Many of you who know my son well know that he is a boy who loves his friends, can make anyone laugh, and doesn't like to ever stop talking or sit still.  He is a great little boy.  School though...that's been more of a battle with Jonas - full of lots of encouraging (and sometimes just downright forcing) from me to do his homework, read, and write.  Things just don't come super easy to him all the time.  And that is why I am SO proud of him lately.  I can see him growing up, maturing, and really trying hard.  Here's some things from this week that made me start thinking about all this (and feel the need to brag about my son, just a bit :-) )

Monday evening I had a meeting.  I took Jonas with me so he could work on his Book-It project for the month.  I set him up in a corner of the room, and told him he was not allowed to interrupt me.  The meeting ended up being a bit longer than I expected (a couple hours), and Jonas sat through the whole thing like a trooper, diligently working.  And he got that project done!


Jonas received an award in chapel for reminding and encouraging his friends to make giving chapel offering a priority.  


We made Valentines for Veterans (Legislator Lorrigo's program) in school today with our special friends.  Jonas did a great job completing his card, behaving the way he was supposed to, and being flexible when he was asked to switch seats for a picture.  This might not sound like a big deal to you, but to me, this is obvious maturity growth from last year!


My little guy is growing up!

No comments: